The soothing and anti-inflammatory properties of milk make it become one of the home remedies for cracked hands. It resolves the skin problems such as dryness, irritation, and itchiness. The milk also contains the lactic acid that is beneficial in retaining moisture in the skin and getting rid of dead skin cells from skin. Milk not only hydrates the cracked skin but also brightens your skin tone.
- 1/2 cup of cold milk
- A small piece of washcloth
- 1/2 cup of lukewarm water
- Soak the piece of a washcloth in cold milk
- Apply it to your cracked skin
- Let it sit on your skin for 10 minutes
- Soak another piece of washcloth in warm water and use it to wipe off the milk
- You should do this treatment daily to make your cracked hands better.
2. Rose Water, Milk, And Lemon Juice
If you have the cracked hands, you can make a combination of rose water, milk, and lemon juice to improve skin condition. While white milk contains anti-inflammatory properties, both lemon juice and rose water are effective in retaining the lost moisture of your skin. It is recommended doing this treatment regularly in the possible time to get rid of the cracked hands.
- 2 drops of rose water
- 2 drops of lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- Mix lemon juice, rose water, and milk together
- Rub this mixture over your cracked hands
- Let it sit on your skin for 15 minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water
3. Wear Gloves To Bed
Damaged hands need serious moisturizing, so it’s time to deep-treat overnight.
- Apply a super thick moisturizer like our Coconut Honey Mask, some jojoba oil, or vitamin E, then go soak in the bath or the sauna, or better yet.
- Put on some cotton gloves or wool socks and go to bed.
- You can also try placing Ziploc bags around your hands with rubber bands around your wrists to lock in the moisture.
- Rinse off in the morning
4. Re hydrate with Essential Oils
The botanical compounds in these essential oils can assist in the effort to soothe and heal dry, cracked hands:
- Roman Chamomile
Add a few drops of these hydrating oils to your moisturizing lotions or a carrier oil, such as sweet almond oil, coconut oil or jojoba oil.
Honey is a perfect item for healing your dry cracked hands and beautifying your skin. The process is simple.
- Mix some honey and white sugar
- Rub them with your hands and fingertips to peel the dead skin cells
- Wash your hands
- Apply a natural moisturizing lotion thereafter
You can use either cooked or raw oat to heal cracked or chapped hands. Oats are the best home remedy for cracked hands. . Here is the procedure.
- Mix oats in water
- Wash your hands every day