1. Olive Oil
There’s a lot of lore out there that olive oil can improve the length and strength of your lashes. Natural olive oil is rich in essential fatty acids that act as emollients, moisturizing and softening your eyelashes.
- The easiest way to apply these oils is to get disposable mascara brushes, and dip them into the oil, then brush the oil onto your lashes.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is packed with nutrients that feed your lashes.
- Cut open an aloe vera leaf and apply the gel to your lashes with a spooley brush once or twice a day.
3. Castor Oil
Castor oil is a known hair growth stimulant. The naturally occurring fatty acids in castor oil help your lashes grow longer and thicker.
- Apply castor oil on the eyelashes carefully with a Q-tip.
- Leave it overnight, rinse it in the morning.
- Follow this ritual daily and you will notice a dramatic rise in the volume and length of your lashes in a couple of weeks.
4. Green Tea
Green tea is laden with antioxidants and restores eyelash hair growth, making them long, dense and strong.
- Brew up a cup of green tea using tea leaves or tea bag and a cup of warm water.
- Once the tea cools, apply it to the lashes and leave it on overnight.
- Refrigerate the rest and use the concoction for the next 3 days, but not beyond that.
5. Petroleum Jelly
One of the simplest hacks to boost eyelash growth is application of petroleum jelly. It is an excellent emollient and hydrating agent that helps your lashes grow faster.
- Apply pure petroleum jelly on your eyelashes daily and blend it over the eyelids too.
- Do this daily before going to bed to soothe your eyes and get thicker eyelashes.
6. Good Nutrition
A lack of vitamins may lead to loss of hair and eyelashes.
- Eat more protein, vitamins, and foods rich in fatty acids: nuts, meat, fish, eggs, fruits, and vegetables.
Massage improves eyelash nutrition and stimulates their growth.
- Wash your hands.
- Apply a few drops of olive or coconut oil to your fingers, and massage your eyelids and eyelashes for 5 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure several times a week.
8. Vitamin E Oil
A tried and tested method to boost eyelash growth is to treat it with Vitamin E oil. It is power tonic that not only increases the hair growth but also strengthens the lashes and prevents them from shedding. You can get thicker lashes just by gently massaging the eyes using this oil.
- Break a Vitamin E capsule and extract the oil.
- Massage the lids lightly with fingertips for 5-10 minutes and apply some on the lashes daily.
- It helps with the blood circulation and thus better hair growth of the lashes.
- Or just use a spoolie brush and dip it in the oil.
- Brush your lashes between strands with it in an upward motion every night before hitting the sack and rinse it off the next day.