Dandruff by itself isn’t a serious disease, but the implications of that can be. It can cause acne, pimples, and lead to lower self-esteem because of social awkwardness. With a few changes in your lifestyle, you can actually get rid of dandruff permanently.
Here are a few common reasons and solutions for dandruff
1. Ineffective brushing
Brushing helps the scalp get rid of dead skin cells. Brushing also gets the blood flowing and increases air supply to scalp and hair.
Invest in a good quality brush or a wide-toothed comb and brush out your hair twice daily.
2. Infrequent shampooing
Not washing your hair enough creates a residue of dead skin cells and oil on your scalp. This leads to dandruff and an itchy scalp.
- Use a gentle herbal shampoo and wash your hair every alternate day.
- Apply the conditioner half an inch away from your scalp.
- Make sure you wash it off thoroughly.
Stress affects us physically as well as mentally. Excessive emotional trauma or work-relatedpressure, or even exam time, can cause dandruff and lead to hair loss.
- Whatever the situation, try and keep to your regular routine.
- Make sure you eat fresh and healthy food at proper times.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
4. Excessive hair products
Don’t get taken in with gorgeous, salon-treated hair. More than half of it is digitally manipulated. The rest is overloaded with chemicals and various unhealthy treatments.
If you don’t want to feel left out and wish to take the plain and boring out of your hair, go for natural hair products and use even those in moderation. Any chemical present in them could worsen your dandruff problem.
5. Improper diet
Our grandparents never seemed to suffer from issues like dandruff. Blame the modern diet for that. Processed items, refined sugar and fried food rich in fats can cause inflammation, which could lead to flaking and dandruff.
- Cut down on sugar, salt, and trans saturated fats.
- Chuck that processed diet and welcome home fruits and green leafy vegetables.
- Eaten cooked or raw, these are arich source of antioxidants and yummy minerals including zinc and vitamin B, and omega 3 fatty acids.
6. Tips to get rid of dandruff for dry skin
People with dry skin suffer from dry dandruff more, and it seems to worsen during the cold season.
- Oil your hair regularly.
- Use a deep conditioner that moisturizes your scalp and keeps the dryness at bay.
7. Tips to get rid of dandruff for oily skin
And then there are those who suffer from dandruff because they have oily skin.
- Wash your hair regularly to avoid oil build-up.
- Use home remedies like baking soda masks to soak up excess oil.
- Now that you understand the various causes of dandruff and the solutions, you know how to get rid of dandruff permanently.
- If nothing else works, do try Head & Shoulders Anti-Dandruff Shampoo to get rid of the dandruff.