1. Homemade Finger Paints
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water food coloring
- Mix together well and put into a condiment bottle or cleaned out old sauce bottle.
- Shake well before using.
2. Homemade Water Color Paints
- 4 Tablespoons Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Light Corn Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Starch
For tinting your paints you will also need
- Food Coloring
- Measure out your baking soda into a measuring cup.
- Add the vinegar and let it fizz up, then stir it into the baking soda.
- Add the light corn syrup and the corn starch, and mix well. Mixture should have the consistency of Elmer’s glue.
- Pour the mixture into the sections of your container.
- The next step is to tint your paints.
- Add whatever drops of food coloring you are using into a section, and then stir the food coloring in using a toothpick until the color is evenly distributed.