1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial , anti-inflammatory, and anti fungal properties. It can help reduce itching caused by dry skin.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar in warm water and use it as a rinse after shampooing to alleviate dandruff and an itchy scalp.
2. Peppermint oil
Peppermint oil may be effective at reducing dandruff and soothing the scalp, calming down itch.
- Dilute it with another oil, such as olive oil, and massage it into the scalp before shampooing.
- You can also use peppermint tea as a rinse after shampooing.
3. Warm Olive Oil
- Applying warm olive oil to the scalp can help soften and loosen itchy crusts and scales on the surface of the skin.
- Warm up the olive oil in the hands before applying it to the scalp, and massage it into the skin.
- Leave the olive oil on the scalp for several hours before washing it out using a medicated shampoo such as coal tar or salicylic acid.
4. Lemongrass Oil
Dandruff is characterized by a dry, itchy scalp. Lemongrass oil may be an effective treatment for dandruff.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda is not only amazing for baking cookies, but is also a powerful disinfectant when it comes to cleaning anything, including your scalp. Baking soda removes the excess oils produced by the scalp, washing off that extra grease that contributes to dandruff. Not only that, dandruff is a natural antiseptic, as well as helps balance the pH level of the scalp, making it a great DIY dandruff shampoo.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with water until you reach the perfect paste consistency.
- For best results, part your hair in sections and apply a few drops of olive oil before spreading the paste on your scalp, and let it sit for 5–10 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse the mixture out.
- For best results, repeat this procedure regularly—once or twice a week.
6. Banana And Avocado
- Mash two bananas with one avocado and apply all over your scalp where it is itchy.
- Leave it in for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse it out with cold water and repeat this regularly until the itchiness subsides or goes away.
7. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which help in treating the itchiness by moisturizing and nourishing the scalp.
- Take 5-7 drops of oil and apply it directly on the scalp.
- Massage it thoroughly for few minutes and leave it overnight.