1. Coconut oil
We all know the several health benefits of coconut oil. Natural oil that works well to treat dry skin is coconut oil. Coconut oil is as safe and effective as petroleum jelly for treating dry skin. This oil can significantly improve skin hydration and increase the number of lipids (fats) on the surface of the skin.
Another great home remedy for dry skin is honey. It is very moisturizing, and will help reduce any dryness and make your skin soft. Honey also contains many vitamins, antioxidants and has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
- You can apply raw honey as a face mask.
- Let it dry and then rinse off with warm water.
- Applying honey thrice a week will greatly reduce dryness and white spots on your skin.
3. Milk Cream
The lactic acid present in milk cream helps exfoliate dry skin. The soothing nature of milk cream also helps preserve the skin’s delicate pH levels. Milk cream is also an excellent moisturizer.
- Mix a few drops of lemon juice, one teaspoon of milk and two teaspoons of milk cream.
- Rub it on your hands and legs. Leave it on for a while before you take a shower.
- Do this once daily.
- Add enough milk cream to three to four tablespoons of gram flour to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your face, hands and legs.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this once daily.
Avocado is packed with fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants that help improve skin from the inside. The high vitamin A content also helps in skin maintenance and repair to restore smooth and silky skin.
- Mash the pulp of an avocado into a smooth paste.
- Rub the paste all over your dry skin.
- Let it sit on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
- Repeat the process once daily.
- Mash one-half of a ripe avocado and stir in one-half cup of honey.
- Apply the mixture on your dry skin and let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Apply this hydrating face mask once or twice a week.
- Do not use more often than that.
- You can also drink a glass of an avocado smoothie daily to increase your intake of healthy fats that will help keep your skin hydrated and moisturized.