Since the cause of most miscarriages is due to chromosomal abnormalities, there is not much that can be done to prevent them. One vital step is to get as healthy as you can before conceiving to provide a healthy atmosphere for conception to occur.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat healthy.
- Manage stress.
- Keep weight within healthy limits.
- Take folic acid daily.
- Do not smoke.
Once you find out that you are pregnant, again the goal is to be as healthy as possible, to provide a healthy environment for your baby to grow in:
- Keep your abdomen safe.
- Do not smoke or be around smoke.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Check with your doctor before taking any over-the-counter medications.
- Limit or eliminate caffeine.
- Avoid environmental hazards such as radiation, infectious disease, and x-rays.
- Avoid contact sports or activities that have risk of injury.
Emotional Treatment For A Miscarriage
Unfortunately, miscarriage can affect anyone. Women are often left with unanswered questions regarding their physical recovery, their emotional recovery and trying to conceive again. It is very important that women try to keep the lines of communication open with family, friends and health care providers during this time.