1. Coconut Oil
This is the most simple homemade hair mask you can make. It only has one ingredient, coconut oil. All you need for this is
- About a quarter of a cup of warmed coconut oil.
- Simply apply it to your hair (wet or dry, it doesn’t really matter) and leave it in for at least an hour.
- or even keep this treatment on overnight, make sure you take the necessary precautions, like a shower cap. Coconut oil will stain clothing and linens.
When you’re finished with your treatment, wash the coconut oil out of your hair and carry on as normal. Coconut oil makes showers slippery, so be prepared to clean it up immediately.
The benefits of honey are endless! First, honey is great for retaining moisture in your hair as it is a natural humectant. This means that it sucks moisture into the hair and prevents it from escaping. This is especially great if you have dry hair and need an extra boost of moisture and hydration. Honey is also an emollient, which helps smoothen and soften your hair, and brings back any lost sheen and shine to your hair.
3. Mayonnaise Hair Mask
Mayonnaise is known to make the hair shiny, voluminous, and hydrated.
To apply this simple and effective hair mask,
- Take a quarter cup of mayonnaise and add a few drops of any essential oil.
- Mix it well and apply it to your hair and scalp.
- Keep it on for half an hour.
- Shampoo as usual.
4. Milk And Honey Hair Mask
Milk and honey, when used together as a mask, work wonders on brittle and damaged hair. Both the ingredients restore the vitality of the hair.
To apply this hair mask,
- Mix two teaspoons of honey with two cups of whole milk.
- Wash your hair as you normally do and rinse your hair with this mixture.
- Put on a shower cap and let it be for 15 minutes.
- Then, wash it off with plain water.
5. Yogurt, Apple Cider Vinegar, Lemon
This hair mask recipe is ideal for deep cleaning product buildup, as the lemon and apple cider vinegar act as an astringent to wash away excess oil, while the zinc and lactic acids in yogurt have moisturizing properties. Dilute the lemon with water if you don’t want to lighten your hair color.
6. Avocado Hair Mask
Avocado is a staple in our at-home face masks, and now we’re adding it to our hair routine. With egg yolk mixed in, follicles have a boost of protein.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 egg yolk
- Use a blender for a smooth mixture of the two.
- Apply to the entire strand, from root to tip.
- Pin hair up, wrap in a shower cap and wait 15-20 before rinsing.
- Shampoo and condition to completely remove.