1. Homemade Shampoo For Oily Hair
- Warm Water (1 cup)
- Baking Soda (1 tablespoon)
- Apple cider vinegar (1 tablespoon)
- Citrus Essential Oil (5 drops)
- Grapefruit Juice (1/3 cup)
- Grape seed Oil (2-3 teaspoons)
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly in your container of choice.
- Don’t make the container airtight.
- Apply to wet hair and massage into the scalp before rinsing out.
2. Egg Yolk Hair Thickening Shampoo
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 5 drop of peppermint essential oil (optional, adds refreshing smell and tingle to the scalp)
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera or lime juice (optional, use for extra cleansing and shine)
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek seed powder (optional, stimulates growth and helps with itchy flaky scalp)
- Separate the egg yolk from the white.
- Place the yolk in a bowl, add 1-2 teaspoons water and mix well.
- Use whole egg if your scalp is super oily, this will help remove excess oil.
- Wet your hair.
- Pour about a ½ tablespoon of mixture into your hand and apply to your scalp.
- Massage your scalp for a couple of minutes and work through your hair.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes, then rinse with cool/lukewarm water.
- This shampoo gently cleans the hair and adds amazing volume and bounce to it.
3. Homemade Shampoo For Normal Hair
This is my maple syrup and carrot seed recipe which works great for normal hair types.
- Liquid castile soap (1/2 cup)
- Maple syrup (2 tablespoons)
- Carrot seed essential oil (5-10 drops)
- Castor oil (10 drops)
- Mix all of the ingredients throughly in a container of your choice.
- Pour over wet hair and massage into the scalp for 2-3 minutes before rinsing out thoroughly.
4. Homemade Shampoo For Hair Growth
- ¼ cup unscented liquid castile soap
- ¼ cup distilled water
- 1 tsp vegetable glycerin
- ½ tsp vitamin E oil
- 7 drops rosemary essential oil
- 7 drops peppermint essential oil
- Flip top bottle
- Pyrex measuring cup
- Begin by measuring out the distilled water in a Pyrex measuring cup then pouring it into your flip top bottle.
- Now measure the liquid castile soap and pour it as well into the bottle.
- Next, add the vegetable glycerin directly and vitamin E oil directly into the bottle.
- Finally, carefully add the rosemary and peppermint essential oils into the bottle.
- Close the bottle and shake gently to combine everything together.
- Tilt the bottle on your wet head in the shower then work it in.
- After working it in your scalp and hair, let it sit for about 2 minutes.
- When the time is up, rinse off well with cool water then use a tiny amount of coconut oil to condition.
- Use in place of your regular shampoo to see your hair grow longer and thicker.