1. Petroleum Jelly
- Use your fingers to apply a very small dab of petroleum jelly to the lining inside of your nose.
- Not only is it good for keeping your nose moisturized, it’s also safely handled by your stomach in small amounts.
- Lip balm works too.
Try not to use this method too frequently or for prolonged periods, and avoid applying too much at a time.
In rare cases it can make its way into the trachea and lungs and lead to significant lung problems. If you have a preexisting chronic lung problem, you may want to speak to your doctor before trying this at-home treatment.
2. Damp Wipes
- Moisten a facial tissue with water using a spray bottle, and wipe along the lining of your nostrils.
This can help prevent drying and irritation.
3. Steam Inhalation
People who do not have access to a humidifier can achieve similar results by inhaling the steam from a:
- Bowel of hot water
- Hot shower or bath
- However, the benefits of steam inhalation may only be temporary.
- To avoid scalding the skin, make sure that the water is not boiling or extremely hot.
4. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a great remedy to help clear your dry nose and lessen the pain you feel. After all, coconut oil is used to help treat a number of other health conditions that require re-moisturization. Below, is a treatment that you can try with coconut oil.
- Put a small amount of coconut oil in a dropper.
- Nest, pour at least two drops of coconut oil into each nostril.
- Feel free to repeat up to twice a day, or until your symptoms subside.
5. Saline Spray
Using saline can easily relieve your dry nose and keep your nasal lining well hydrated.
- First, mix the water with salt and pour it into your spray bottle.
- Next, tilt your heads toward the floor and spray the solution a few times into your nostrils.
There isn’t a single person who wouldn’t want to take a luxurious sauna bath to help clear their dry nose. However, make sure that you don’t stay in a sauna for too long, or else you may end up with a leaky nose instead.
- Sit in a sauna for 10 to 20 minutes to help clear up your nasal passages.
7. Vitamin E Oil
- Pierce a vitamin E capsule with a pin.
- Tilt your head back and squeeze 2 or 3 drops of the oil into your nostrils.
- Repeat twice a day.