Cucumber is a natural astringent and also contains plenty of water that helps keep the skin hydrated. Plus, its cooling effect helps alleviate irritation and itching. The vitamin C in cucumber will also reduce sunburn and facilitate skin repair.
- Grate one cucumber and apply the paste on the affected skin.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Do this twice daily for one or two weeks to maintain adequate skin moisture.
- Mix one peeled the cucumber and two tablespoons of aloe vera gel in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on the peeling skin. Leave it on for 10 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Do this once daily until the problem is resolved.
This is the first out of the most effective home remedies for peeling skin on hands and face that I want to introduce in this full writing.
Mint is also a healthy natural ingredient that is very beneficial for dealing with peeling skin. This herbal remedy provides a calming effect on the skin and can also help in moisturizing our skin as well as keeping it rejuvenated and refreshed.
- Prepare some fresh mint leaves and extract the juice from them.
- Use the mint juice to apply directly to the infected skin areas before bedtime.
- Rinse your skin off with warm water the next morning and use a soft towel to pad your skin dry
- Use a light moisturizer to apply onto your skin gently
- Apply this treating tip every day till you see your dry and peeling skin improved with a healthy look.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera makes itself possible to become one of the effective home remedies for peeling skin because it is packed with moisturizing as well as soothing properties. It also helps ease the inflammation, itching, and irritation.
- Take an aloe vera leaf and extract its gel.
- Add two teaspoons of the gel to a small dosage of vitamin E oil.
- Rub the solution over the affected skin areas.
- Let it dry before washing off with warm water.
- Do the same process up to thrice per day in a week for better results.
4. Sandalwood, Turmeric, Honey and Olive Oil
- Mix together 1 teaspoon each of sandalwood powder, turmeric powder, and honey.
- Now, add olive oil to make a thin paste.
- Mix well and apply it on the peeled skin.
- After 30 minutes, wash and dry it off.
Alternatively, you can make use of sandalwood soap.
A natural source of antioxidants, lemon juice is a common additive in a wide variety of homemade facial peels.Lemon also has lightening properties, which makes it a popular ingredient for skin care masks, peels, and products aimed at correcting age spots. Lemon and other citrus juices have high pH levels, so for safest results, they should be combined with neutralizers like baking soda.
6. Baking Soda
Baking soda can be used as a neutralizer in your homemade chemical peel, ensuring that the acids found in other ingredients (especially citrus juice) don’t dry out or damage your skin.