1. Baking Soda
Accumulation of dead skin cells is the main reason for dark discoloration under the arms. The exfoliating nature of baking soda removes the dead skin cells and unclogs the pores. Instead of using antiperspirants and deodorants, you can use baking soda to prevent body odor which is also one of the reasons for dark underarms.
- Mix baking soda and water to create a paste and apply to your underarms.
- Gently scrub for a minute, then wash off with clean water and pat dry.
- You can dust baking powder on the skin for a lighter appearance.
- Alternatively, you can use rosewater instead of water.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times a week.
Note: You can simply wipe your underarms with baking soda and water solution. Olive Oil For Dark Underarms
2. Olive Oil For Dark Underarms
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Add the brown sugar to the oil and mix it gently.
- Dampen the underarm skin and apply the mixture.
- Scrub for a minute or two and leave it on for five minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
Do this twice a week until you get the desired results.
The mild acidic property in potatoes acts as a natural bleaching agent.
- Cut 1 medium-sized potato into slices.
- Rub a slice onto your underarms and let it dry for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat 2 times a day will give fast results.
Note: You can also grate the potato and apply the juice instead of rubbing slice.
Tip: Generally, potatoes rarely cause any skin irritations. So it is very safe to use for all skin types.
4. Aloe Vera
You can either scoop out the gel from Aloe Vera plant or use organic Aloe Vera gels available in the market. You simply need to apply this gel on your underarms for 15 minutes and rinse it off afterward. It is a natural exfoliator that removes dead skin and is loaded with anti-bacterial properties that helps to soothe and nourish skin.
Lemon acts as a natural bleaching agent and has powerful antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Because of its natural cleanser properties, the restaurants use it in washing bowls with warm water. Its acidic properties help effectively not only for lightening skin (including dark armpits and underarms) but also in exfoliating dead skin cells. Nothing is as good a natural lightener as the lemon is,
- To get rid of dead skin cells (they cause dark underarms) and dark armpits, rub a lemon wedge on the skin for a few minutes before you go for a bath. For a powerful exfoliation, sprinkle a little sugar on the lemon wedge and then use it.
- Another option is to add a pinch or two of turmeric powder, plain yogurt or honey to lemon juice to make a thick paste and rub it gently on the skin on your dark underarms. Leave it there for about 10 minutes, and then wash it off with water. Apply this remedy 3-4 times a week.
Tip: Lemon juice can dry out your skin. If you are using the remedies with lemon juice regularly, apply moisturizer after applying such remedies if needed.
6. Tomato Juice
Raw tomato is extremely effective in lightening the skin in the underarm area. It also helps reduce sweating which is a major cause of darkening of the area. Like lemon juice, tomato juice to consists of bleaching properties that naturally help in reducing discoloration.
- Daily, rub a slice of raw tomato in the underarms.
- Applying tomato juice overnight will also help.