Ginger is one of the best natural ways to deal with vomiting, even during pregnancy. It is good for your digestive system and helps block acidic secretion in the stomach that causes nausea or vomiting. Also, the smell and flavor of ginger can help you get over the vomiting sensation.
- Suck a small piece of ginger or chew a ginger candy to get quick relief from nausea.
- You can also prepare a mixture with 5 drops of ginger juice and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Consume it slowly when you wake up in the morning.
- Also, make ginger tea by boiling 1 teaspoon of grated ginger in 1 cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Strain, add a little honey and sip it slowly.
- Drink 1 to 2 cups of ginger tea during the morning.
It has methanol, which produces an anesthetic effect to prevent vomiting during pregnancy.
- Prepare peppermint tea adding one teaspoon of dried peppermint in a cup of hot water and steep it for five to ten minutes.
- Add honey or sugar and drink it after you wake up in the morning.
- Chewing some peppermint leaves will aid in alleviating the vomiting symptoms.
- Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil over a handkerchief and inhale the vapors to get over the vomiting sensation.
You must up your intake of water if you are on a vomiting spree during pregnancy. Try sipping on a little water to check if your stomach can tolerate it. You must remember to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to prevent dehydration. You can also suck on some ice chips to help with your nausea and vomiting.
- Steep the cinnamon stick in a cup of hot water for about 10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool a bit and add some honey to it.
- Drink the cinnamon tea.
- You can also chew on some cinnamon gums for relief from nausea and vomiting.
The smell of lemon is extremely useful to restrict the vomiting sensation during pregnancy. Lemon has a very soothing smell and it helps to bring a calming effect. Smelling the peels of a fresh lemon is a wonderful way to cure the morning sickness. You can also pour a few drops of lemon essential oil on your handkerchief and sniff it frequently.
6. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can help neutralize the acidity in your stomach. This prevents the nausea during pregnancy and provides relief. One of the ways to have apple cider vinegar is mix it with honey and have it every night before going to sleep. You can also try consuming the vinegar with warm water after you get up in the morning. It is one of the most effective natural remedies for treating morning sickness.
7. Chamomile oil
Chamomile oil has a very soothing and pleasing smell. It is one of the important essential oils that can be used effectively to cure morning sickness. Chamomile tea is the best way to consume this oil. This flavored tea will dispel the gas and prevent vomiting. You can also mix the chamomile oil with ginger oil and inhale to calm the nausea. Consult your doctor before ingesting or inhaling any essential oil as precaution.
Have a cracker first thing in the morning. The cracker is bland, rich in carbs and soaks up any acids accumulated through the night.
- Keep the crackers handy and pop a few before getting up in the morning.
- Don’t get up right away. Let the digestion process start.
- Do not allow yourself to get hungry and eat the cracker before nausea hits you.
Cloves are some of the best type of ingredients that can be used as home remedy for vomiting. It is very much effective to cure other problems such as diarrhea, nausea and indigestion problems. Cloves contain some properties that do not allow the body to vomit. The sensation of vomiting is actually cured in small period of time.
- Boil some cloves in water and drink this tea
10. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds are generally taken after eating meals. They are great source of digestion properties and thus help in digesting the food particles. Vomiting that is caused due to indigestion can be treated with fennel seeds. The bacterial action inside the stomach will also be controlled.
- Collect some fennel seeds and boil it in water.
- Strain the liquid and drink it to get best results.