Being rich in antibacterial as well as antibiotic properties, garlic is often recommended for tooth decay and cavities. It can also provide respite from pain and promote healthier gums and teeth.
- Prepare a paste from 3 to 4 crushed garlic cloves and 1/4 teaspoon of rock salt.
- Apply it on the infected tooth.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing with a mouthwash.
- Do this twice daily for a few weeks to reduce cavities.
You can also rub garlic oil on the affected tooth to get quick relief from pain due to a cavity.
Eating raw garlic regularly can also provide effective results.
2. Remove Sugar
Probably the worst culprit of them all for anyone who desires healthy, cavity-free teeth, sugar should be avoided like the plague. So kick that sugar addiction stat. Not only does sugar feed oral bacteria that prevents a healthy flow of dental fluids, but it’s highly acidic and can literally decalcify or demineralize the structural content of teeth that create dental decay.
This means staying away from soda, candy and baked goods with sugar. Additionally, use raw honey and maple syrup, and drink juices sparingly, as too much sugar can contribute to cavity formation. Be careful of artificial sweeteners because of their health risks as well.
3. Cloves And Sesame Seed Oil
Cloves are one of the most vital ingredients in fighting cavities naturally. Due to the high properties of anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and analgesic properties, clove can help to soothe any pain caused by the cavity as well as heal them entirely. Clove will target the affected area and prevent it from spreading from the first use.
In addition to cavities, clove is useful for a wide range of dental problems.
- 2-3 drops of clove oil
- ¼ teaspoon of sesame oil
- Cotton balls
- Place the sesame oil and the clove oil on a cotton ball.
- Gently rub and press the cotton ball directly onto the tooth affected by the cavity.
- Repeat nightly before bed.
4. Practice Oil Pulling
The art of oil pulling is centuries old. It is an ancient home remedy for dental health issues and can assist in issues such as bleeding gums, foul breath, and of course, reducing cavities. Oil pulling helps you to pull the harmful, infection causing bacteria from the mouth. The cleansing effect of oil pulling will help you clear your mouth of harmful bacterias.
- 1 tablespoon of sesame, sunflower, or coconut oils
- Place the tablespoon of the oil of your choice directly into your mouth.
- Do not swallow.
- Gently, yet vigorously swish the oil into your mouth for approximately 20 minutes.
- Spit it out.
- Make sure you do not swallow or gargle the oil o choice.
- Rinse with warmed water. (you can add a little salt for added benefits)
- Brush your teeth as usual.
- Repeat each morning, on an empty stomach, until the cavities are gone.
5. Bone Broth For Cavities
Bones of poultry, lamb, beef, and/or bison
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
- Boil the animal bones in water until the broth becomes thick.
- Add salt and black pepper powder.
- Drink this soup while it is warm.
- You can also store this broth in the freezer for a few days and use it in other meal preparations.