A massage always makes feel better. It stimulates the body to heal all by itself. There is a tuina massage for cough you can always use to treat, whether your child has a dry, wet, hacking or a barking cough.
It soothes sore throats and eases coughs. It may even work better for children than other cough medicines.
- Give your child 1/2 teaspoon of honey before bedtime.
But never give it to a child less than a year old. It can make them very ill.
Gargling with warm salt water is not something anyone looks forward to, but it’s stood the test of time for a reason, it’s effective. If your child is old enough to know not to swallow the briny stuff, usually at least four years old, this is a great choice for a natural cough suppressant.
- Add one-half to one teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water.
- Stir well to dissolve, take a mouthful, and gargle for as long as your child can stand it, ideally, about a minute.
- Repeat as necessary
4. Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon each of fresh lemon juice and honey in 1 cup of warm water.
Give this solution to your child twice or thrice a day.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon each of cayenne pepper and crushed ginger.
- 1 tablespoon each of apple cider vinegar and honey.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to this mixture.
- Give 2 teaspoons of this syrup to your little one.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Take a glass of water.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of honey and apple cider vinegar to it.
- Stir well.
It’s one of the best remedies for quick relief from cough for kids.
Give your toddler a steam bath.
- Run a hot shower and shut the doors of the bathroom.
- Sit inside with your kid at least for fifteen minutes before going to bed at night.
- It will not only help getting rid of cough, but also provides sound sleep.
- In the morning, repeat the same procedure for 15 minutes.
It will loosen nasal and chest congestion, and make it easy for the child to blow the cough out.
- Add a few drops of sage or eucalyptus oil into the tub filled with warm water.
- Bathe your child with this water, in order to open up the chest and soothe a cough.
8. Make Use of a Humidifier
When the atmospheric conditions are dry, it can leave mucus in the throat leading to irritation and dry cough. Using a humidifier will help wet cough and expel it. Ensure that you let the humidity out of your window in the morning to prevent the formation of mould.
9. Chicken Soup
Chicken soup is said to have anti-inflammatory properties which will help soothe the cold and provide relief from a sore throat, cough and congestion.
10. Milk and Turmeric
An age-old home remedy for instant relief from a sore throat and cough, turmeric in milk is also a good home remedy for whooping cough. Turmeric has antiseptic properties which are effective in treating viral infections.