1. Pore Cleanser
The enzymes in raw honey clarify skin and keep pores clear and clean. Plus, the antibacterial properties of honey and jojoba or coconut oil also prevent bacterial buildup that can lead to skin imbalances and breakouts.
- Stir one tablespoon raw honey with two tablespoons jojoba oil or coconut oil until the mixture is a spreadable consistency.
- Apply to clean, dry skin, and massage gently in a circular motion, avoiding your eye area.Rinse with tepid water.
2. Moisturizing Mask
Honey is a natural humectant, meaning it draws moisture from the air into the skin and ensures it’s retained it in the layers where it’s needed most for penetrating long-lasting hydration.
- Spread one teaspoon raw honey on clean, dry skin, and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with tepid water.
3. Fights Acne
Honey absorbs the impurities from the skin pores and acts as a cleansing agent. And since it is a natural antiseptic, it also soothes and heals your skin.
- Apply honey on your face in a thin layer so that it doesn’t drip all over your neck.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes
- Wash your face with normal water.
But ensure you do a patch test before applying honey to your face as some individuals are allergic to honey. Apply a small amount on your jaw and leave it on for 30 minutes. If there is no reaction, you are good to go.
Also, it is important to know that honey can treat your acne only if it is caused by bacterial infections.
4. Lightens Scars
Honey is a natural moisturizer as well as a natural antiseptic. This not only keeps your skin soft and healthy but also makes sure less of a scar is left behind. Additionally, the anti-oxidants present in honey help repair damaged skin.
- Mix one spoon raw honey with one spoon coconut oil or olive oil.
- Apply to the affected area, and massage with the tips of your fingers in a circular motion for one to two minutes.
- Place a hot washcloth over your skin, and let sit until cool.
- Repeat daily.