1. Lavender Oil
Lavender oil is enriched with antioxidant and anti fungal properties which are too effecting in foot odor even kill bacteria.
- Soak your feet in warm water with few drops of lavender oil and repeat it at least twice in a day for next few weeks.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is also known as sodium bicarbonate, is an effective remedy to get rid off foot odor as well absorbing moisture.
- Add one tablespoon of baking soda for every quart of water then soak your feet in it.
- Soak for 15 to 20 minutes before going on bed daily at night for one week.
- Sprinkle baking soda in your socks and shoes before wearing.
Like foot powders, cornstarch can absorb sweat and keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- Sprinkle clean feet with cornstarch and let sit for a few minutes before putting on shoes and socks.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a great home remedy for sweaty feet and stinky feet. It’s a natural astringent (tightens skin and closes pores) which can help reduce sweat just like an antiperspirant. But it also keeps foot odor away with its anti fungal and anti-bacterial properties.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the vinegar to problem areas of your feet or you can do an apple cider vinegar soak.
- Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar, 1 part water, and 1/2 part baking soda in a large bowl or basin.
- Then soak for your feet for 15-20 minutes.
- This also works for sweaty hands.
5. Exfoliate Feet
This is more of a stinky feet remedy. Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells from your body. Odor causing bacteria love to feed on these dead skin cells.
- Use an exfoliating brush or glove on your feet 2-3 times a week to help keep bacteria away.
6. Lemon Juice
- Use cotton balls to apply fresh lemon juice to the soles of your feet before putting on your shoes and socks.
It helps to close your pores and prevent sweating. Lemon juice can also work as a natural deodorant.