1. Olive Oil
To promote growth, it is essential to keep your nails well moisturized. Olive oil is the best when it comes to nail care. It penetrates deep into the skin and nails and thus helps nourish your nails. Plus, it contains vitamin E which improves circulation blood circulation, helps repair damaged nails and promotes nail strength and growth.
- Before going to bed, apply warm olive oil to your nails and cuticles and massage gently for 5 minutes.
- Wear cotton gloves overnight.
- Do this once daily.
- You can also soak your nails in warm olive oil for 15 to 30 minutes once daily to promote nail growth.
2. Orange Juice
Another remedy that can boost nail growth is orange juice. Its vitamin C content encourages the production of collagen and keeps your nails healthy. Also, it has folic acid, which is essential for nail growth.
- Soak your nails in fresh orange juice for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse them off with warm water, pat dry and apply some moisturizer.
- Follow this remedy once daily until you are satisfied with the results.
Lemons contain vitamin C that is essential for nail growth. Also, it helps treat yellow nails and gives your nails a nice shine.
- Prepare a nail soak with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Slightly heat the solution in the microwave and then soak your nails in it for 10 minutes.
- Follow this remedy daily.
- You can also rub a slice of lemon on your nails for 5 minutes, then rinse them with warm water.
- Pat dry and apply a moisturizer.
- Do this once daily.
- Avoid rubbing lemon on your nails if you have any cuts or hangnails, as it may sting.
Horsetail is also considered a very good herb to promote natural nail growth. Horsetail consists of essential minerals, calcium and silica, which are very good for the nail growth and increasing the strength of the nails in females.
- Add 3/4 teaspoon of dried horsetail to boiling water and after adding, switch off the flame in 1 minute.
- Allow the dried horsetail herbs to steep in boiling water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the herbs from the water and let it cool.
- Soak your nails in this horsetail water for 20 minutes.
- Do this remedy for at least 3 to 4 days in a week for one month and you will see the dramatic changes in your nails where they will start growing faster and stronger and become healthy in a natural way.
Eating raw tomatoes is an excellent way to give weak nails the much needed Vitamin C.
Even better is a mixture of the juice of one tomato and one table spoon olive oil.
- Soak your fingers in this for 10-15 minutes, daily.
- Your nails will grow strong, long and shiny.
6. Nettle Tea
An ancient natural remedy with a wide variety of uses including for the growth of longer, stronger, healthier hair and nails is rich with minerals which your body needs to form new nail tissue.
- Steep 2 – 3 teaspoons of dried organic nettle leaf in a cup of hot water for about 10 minutes to make this tea.
- Add your natural sweetener of choice and enjoy once per day for stronger nails.