Honey when taken internally and externally is excellent for the skin. For combination to dry skin types,
- Take one teaspoon of honey and massage on the skin daily.
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes and then wash.
- Pat dry and you will see that not only is your skin softer but also glowing.
- Make sure you use raw honey both internally and externally in order to reap maximum benefits.
- Organic raw honey is easily available everywhere nowadays.
2. Aloe Vera
This modest plant can be grown practically everywhere – gardens, pots, terraces, etc – and is an excellent rejuvenator for undernourished skin.
- Scrape out the gel from the leaf, mash it and massage onto the skin.
- Let it sit there for 10 minutes and wash the skin with cold water and pat dry.
- Your skin will be rejuvenated naturally.
- Aloe vera soothes your skin, especially in summers when it faces the sweltering heat.
3. Yogurt Body Scrub
Yogurt is good to eat and apply to your skin. This recipe will leave your skin cells singing with joy. This is great for people who enjoy sugar scrubs over lotion. Store-bought sugar scrubs can be pretty rough on your skin, which will cause your dry skin to feel more irritated. With this gentle mixture, you’ll never have to buy another store-bought sugar scrub again. For this recipe you’ll need:
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar (a good alternative is coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup Plain Yogurt (try using Greek Yogurt for a healthier glow)
- 3 tbsp Honey
- In a large bowl, add the yogurt and honey, and mix until well-combined.
- Next, pour in your sugar and mix well.
- Apply this scrub to the affected areas on your body, and massage it in a circular motion for about 2 minutes.
- Next, leave the mixture on your skin for about 5 minutes and rinse off with cool water.
- Yogurt contains lactic acid that exfoliates your skin, sugar removes any dead skin that was left over, and honey hydrates your skin.
- It’s a triple whammy, and it’s amazing.
4. Egg Lotion
Eggs are packed with protein, which works wonders for your skin. Honey, castor oil, and olive oil will leave your face feeling soft, while ridding you of dry and flaky skin. Orange juice contains Vitamin C, which is known to get rid of blemishes. Try this out for yourself, don’t take my word! The results will leave you breathless. For this odd recipe you will need:
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Orange Juice
- 1 tsp Castor Oil
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Rosewater
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl (minus the egg).
- Take your egg and separate the yolk.
- Place the yolk in with all of the other ingredients (toss the rest of the egg), and mix.
- Apply this mixture to your skin for 10 minutes and then hop in the shower to rinse it off.
- Your entire body will feel smooth, your dry skin will start to go away, and you’ll smell pretty darn good.
This recipe will amaze you.
Olive is an excellent source of vitamins.
- Take three to four mashed olives and apply it onto the skin and let it dry.
- Wash off with cold water and pat dry.
- It will help restore the skin’s natural pH.
- Olives or olive oil has long been known for their health and skin benefits.
- Olive oil is packed with anti-ageing antioxidants and hydrating squalene, making it amazing for hair and skin health along with nails.