- Before going to bed, cover your scar with a layer of honey.
- Wrap the honey-covered scar with a bandage.
- Leave it on for one full night.
- In the morning, remove the bandage and wash off the honey with warm water.
- Make this part of your routine every night.
2. Coconut Oil
- Heat a few tablespoons of coconut oil, just enough to liquefy it.
- Massage the oil into the scar for about 10 minutes.
- Let the skin absorb the oil for a minimum of one hour.
- Repeat two to four times every day.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Combine 4 tablespoons of distilled water with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Dip a cotton ball into the water-cider mixture and generously dab your scar.
- Let it dry.
- Do this every night before you go to bed, washing the area in the morning.
Lemons contain alpha hydroxy acids(AHA) which help to remove dead skin cells, help new cells grow, and bring back some elasticity to the skin. As a natural bleach, it can help lighten scars.
- Make sure the scar and surrounding area are cleaned thoroughly
- Put 1 teaspoon of lemon juice on a cotton ball
- Rub the cotton ball on the scarred area
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off
- Lemon juice may make your skin sensitive to light, so consider wearing sunscreen wherever you applied it when going outside.
5. Potato Juice
Potatoes are rich in vitamins and minerals which help your skin to heal.
- Slice a potato and put the slices on your face for 15 minutes, then rinse the juice off your face with warm water.
6. Ice Cubes
Rubbing an ice cube on your acne will immediately reduce redness and inflammation.
- Wrap the ice cube in a cloth and hold it against the scars for a few minutes for best results.