1. Using Hot Oils
Olive oil is one of the most popular home remedies for rough hair. Besides olive oil, the following can also be used with good results:
- Coconut oil
- Almond oil
- Castor oil
- Jojoba oil
- Corn oil
All of these oils are rich in vitamin E and antioxidants and help to seal the outer hair layer or cuticle with moisture, thus repairing the damage.
- Warm but do not boil around half a cup of oil.
- Gently massage it into the hair for some minutes.
- Cover the hair with a warm towel.
- Leave for 30−45 minutes or overnight.
- After this time, shampoo and rinse the hair.
- This treatment will strengthen and add shine to rough hair.
2. Applying Gelatin
Plain gelatin is a good protein source for the hair. It coats the hair strands and moisturizes them, making the hair smooth and shiny.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of gelatin with 1 cup of warm water.
- Leave it aside for 5 minutes to partially set the gelatin.
- Add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 6 drops of an essential oil, such as jasmine, lavender, clary sage, or rosemary to the preparation and stir.
- Apply the mixture to clean hair.
- Finally, leave the preparation on the hair for 10 minutes and rinse with tepid water.
3. Massage In Butter
Treat rough, brittle hair with a small amount of butter for a glossy shine.
- Massage it into your dry hair, then cover your hair with a shower cap for about a half hour.
- Shampoo as usual, and rinse all the butter out.