1. Apply Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is made by fermenting apple cider, or the unfiltered juice from pressed apples.
Like other vinegars, it is known for its ability to fight many types of bacteria and viruses.
- Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar and 3 parts water (use more water for sensitive skin).
- After cleansing, gently apply the mixture to the skin using a cotton ball.
- Let sit for 5–20 seconds, rinse with water and pat dry.
- Repeat this process 1–2 times per day, as needed.
It is important to note that applying apple cider vinegar to your skin can cause burns and irritation, so it should always be used in small amounts and diluted with water.
2. Honey and Cinnamon Mask
- Mix 2 tablespoons honey and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together to form a paste.
- After cleansing, apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 10–15 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off completely and pat your face dry.
3. Aloe Vera
Scars heal when there are moisturizing and soothing properties present in your treatment. Aloe vera contains these two… and then some. The antioxidants in aloe vera reduce swelling and redness, while its natural astringent removes excess oil and dead cells.
Aloe vera is also great for sunburns and can even be ingested if diluted properly.
The great thing about aloe is that it doesn’t really need measurements. If you can find the plant, even better!
- Just scrape it off the leaf and lather the scar and cover it with some plastic wrap.
It might feel weird and sticky but your skin will thank you.
4. Green Tea
Green tea has antimicrobial and antioxidant compounds that can help fight acne. To get its effects,
- Use a cooled cup of green tea as a face wash or lay the bag over the affected area.
Mint can help remove pore-clogging oil. To help clear acne
- Mix 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh mint with two tablespoons each of plain yogurt and oatmeal (use a blender to pulverize the oatmeal to powder).
- Leave the concoction on your face for 10 minutes, then rinse off with water.
The salicylic acid in aspirin is a go-to for acne treatments, and the aspirin can dry up pimples and reduce inflammation. To take advantage of these home remedies for acne,
- Form a paste by mashing aspirin in a little water, or dissolve four pills in 2 tablespoons of water.
7. Egg Whites
Egg whites have been touted as a home remedy for wrinkles as well as acne blemishes — some people whip them into a meringue and then let this dry on their face, or mix the egg whites with other DIY ingredients. As this dries, it does form a film on the skin that gives a ‘tight’ feeling.