1. Lemon And Baking Soda
Lemon is an excellent skin lightening ingredient. It’s packed with antioxidants and vitamin C which promote skin regeneration and improve skin complexion. Baking soda acts as a gentle and effective cleanser for whitening dark areas of skin.
- Take a lemon and cut it into 2 halves.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of baking soda on top of the lemon.
- Rub your elbows and knees for 1 minute.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
- Repeat once every 2 days for a desired effect.
Potato is rich in catecholase enzymes that can naturally lighten your skin tone. Daily usage of potato will soften your skin and help you get rid of dark areas.
- Grate the potato, squeeze out the juice, and apply it to your skin.
- Leave it on your skin for 15 minutes, then rinse it with water.
- Apply a moisturizer.
- You can also rub your elbows and knees with a potato cut into slices for about 10-15 minutes and then wash off.
3. Turmeric, Milk And Honey
The antiseptic properties of turmeric, natural bleaching properties of milk and the moisturizing compounds in honey lightens dark skin tone.
- Apply it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off.
4. Sugar And Olive Oil
- Gently rub a mixture of sugar granules and olive oil for 5 minutes in a circular motion to remove dead skin cells and soften skin texture.
5. Warm Bath With Essential Oils
The skin on your knees and elbows is especially dry, dark, and scaly. Soaking in warm water with essential oils is said to brighten and moisturize your skin, creating a luminous glow and leaving your skin soft.
- Add a few drops of an essential oil of your choice to a warm bath and soak in it.
- Sandalwood, lemongrass, and carrot seed oil are the best choices.
- Then, gently rub your elbows and knees with a damp washcloth.
- You could also follow this up with a homemade scrub to exfoliate.
- Try these simple remedies and get rid of your dark knees and elbows at home.
6. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is hydrating and moisturizing for the skin. It prevents dryness, and vitamin E in coconut repairs and lightens skin colour.
- Take one tablespoon of coconut oil and one tablespoon of walnut powder.
- Mix the two well to make a thick paste.
- Use it as a scrub for your knees and elbows for two to three minutes.
- Clean it with water.
- After this, take a shower and apply coconut oil on your knees and elbows before you go to sleep.
- Repeat this two or three times in a week till the color of knees and elbows lightens.
7. Apple cider vinegar
Acetic acid in apple cider vinegar is a bleaching agent which helps in lightening the skin shade.
- Take a part of apple cider vinegar and water and mix it well.
- Take the solution in a cotton ball and apply it on your knees and elbows.
- Leave this on for 15 minutes and then wash it off.
- Try this three to four times a week till you see a difference in the color.