1. Honey Yogurt Mask
This mask is great for all hair types and works especially well for dry damaged hair. The antioxidants found in extra virgin olive oil promote a healthy scalp and new hair growth. Honey is a humectant which helps with moisture absorption while the beneficial proteins and vitamins in Greek yogurt help repair and strengthen hair.
- Place 2 Tbsp. of yogurt in small bowl.
- Gently warm 1 Tbsp. of honey and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in a small sauce pan to incorporate (do not overheat.
- Pour mixture over Greek yogurt and stir until completely mixed.
- Apply mask to hair working up from your ends and making sure to massage into your scalp to stimulate circulation.
- Rinse after 30-45 min.
2. Egg Hair Mask
- 1 egg (for especially long or thick hair, use 2 eggs)
- 1 cup milk (for shoulder-length hair, use 1/4 or 1/2 cup)
- 1 squeeze of lemon
- 2 tsp to 2 tbsp of olive oil
- You will also need a plastic shower cap.
- Separate the egg white and yolk depending on your hair type. For oily hair, you will only use egg whites for this recipe; for dry hair, use only the egg yolk. For normal hair, use the whole egg. Place whichever part of the egg you are using in a clean bowl, and dispose of the rest how you will (maybe as part of a tasty omelette).
- Beat the egg. For steps 2-4, I recommend mixing the mask by whisking with an egg beater.
- Add the milk and olive oil to the gooey egg mixture, and mix well.
- Add a squeeze of a lemon to the mixture—this will give your scalp a refreshing feel. Mix well.
- Massage the mixture into scalp, working from the roots to the hair ends, and let it sit for at least 15 minutes. Make sure you stand in the shower or over a sink because this mask is really drippy. Cover your hair with a disposable plastic shower cap, as you do not want drops of egg mixture everywhere. While waiting for the mask to penetrate for 15 minutes, you can be soaking in a bath/shaving.
- Using lukewarm or cold water, thoroughly rinse the mixture out of your hair, making sure to tackle all areas of your scalp to get rid of egg bits.
- Use an organic fruit shampoo for a final cleanse.
3. Egg, Mayonnaise, Olive Oil, and Honey Hair Mask
Mayo isn’t just for sandwiches. Lipids in mayonnaise help hair absorb moisture and fatty acids, nourishing hair follicles. Olive oil and honey provide antioxidant and moisturizing benefits. And egg protein helps strengthen hair.2
This is a great mask for curly hair. It provides moisture to keep frizz at bay, without weighing hair down.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine ingredients and blend.
- Apply in small sections to clean, damp hair.
- Cover hair with a shower cap for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Shampoo and condition as usual.
4. Aloe Vera Gel And Olive Oil Hair Mask
Aloe vera gel is one of the best natural medicines for hair, skin, and health.
- Take four to five tablespoons of aloe vera pulp, one tablespoon of olive oil, and egg yolk.
- Apply it to your dry and brittle hair and let it be for half an hour.
- Wash it off with cold water.