1. Orange Peel
This is one of the best home remedies for fair hands and feet.
- Dry some orange peels in the sunlight.
- Once dried completely, grind them in a juicer and store in a mason jar.
- Add some milk to it to make a thick paste.
- Clean your hands and feet with water and apply this paste on the skin.
- Let it work for 20 minutes.
- Then, wash it off with cool water.
- Do it three times a week for best results.
Papaya is another great remedy to help lighten your skin and maintain an even skin tone. It contains an enzyme called papain that promotes skin renewal. Plus, it contains vitamins A, C, and E that promote healthy and glowing skin.
- Chop ½ papaya into chunks and put them in a blender.
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Blend all the ingredients until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your hands and feet.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes, then rinse it off.
- Do this 2 or 3 times a week to lighten and brighten your skin naturally.
Lemon acts as a natural bleaching agent that lightens the dark skin of your hands and feet. It is enriched with vitamin C and citric acid that helps to exfoliate the skin to remove dead skin cells and enhance the growth of new cells to make your skin tone even and lighter.
- Sprinkle some sugar on 1/2 a piece of lemon.
- Use it to scrub the darker skin on your hands and feet.
- Scrub it for a couple of minutes to get rid of dead cells, dirt, and impurities on the skin.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse off thoroughly with water.
- Repeat the same process regularly for once a week to get rid of the dark hands and feet.
- Simply mix equal quantities of fresh lemon juice and raw honey and apply it on your hands and feet.
- Wait for 15 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Dry the skin and repeat it twice daily.
Always remember to apply a good moisturizer to your skin after using the lemon remedies for treating dark hands and feet to prevent skin dryness. Also, avoid going out in sun for at least 2 – 3 hours after using this lemon on the skin.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera soothes the skin and treats hyper-pigmentation to lighten the dark or tanned skin. It also moisturizes and hydrates the skin which in turn aids in natural glow to the skin (especially on the hands and feet).
- Apply freshly extracted aloe vera gel on the hands and feet by rubbing all over the area for 5 minutes.
- Let it sit for about 30 – 45 minutes and wash the area with water.
- Dry the area and repeat the same process twice daily till you get even skin tone.
- Simply mix few drops of almond oil in 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- Stir well and apply it on the dark skin areas and massage gently.
- Rinse the applied area with water after 15 – 20 minutes.
- Do it twice daily.
Avoid stepping out directly into the sunlight for at least 1 – 2 hours after using aloe vera on the skin.
- Take a few almonds and soak them in water overnight.
- In the morning, make a paste after removing their skin.
- Add a tsp each of gram flour and milk and a few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Massage this paste on your hands and feet.
It will give you a fairer skin tone if used regularly.
Or else, use almond oil on your skin.
- Heat it indirectly by placing the bowl containing almond oil in hot water.
- Massage this oil directly on your skin for 15-20 minutes.
- Afterwards, take a tissue to remove the excess oil by pressing it gently on the skin.
- Do this daily in the beginning and gradually reduce it to once a week later.
6. Rose Water
Rose water cleanses your skin deeply.
- Mix 2 spoons of glycerin and 3 spoons of borax powder with 2 cups of rose water.
- Swab this mixture on your hands and feet.
- Wash off your skin with fresh water after 20 minutes.
- Add a few drops of rose water to four tbsp of gram flour.
- Pour water into it to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on hands and feet.
- Wash it off once it dries.
The presence of lactic acid in yogurt makes it an effective bleaching agent. Smear it on the affected areas. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash off afterward. Using it daily will improve your skin tone.
Alternatively, you can add honey to the yogurt to enhance its effects.