1. Caster Oil
- Cleanse your eyelashes thoroughly with water and a mild cleanser.
- Pat them dry.
- Dip a cotton swab in cold-pressed castor oil and apply it along your upper and lower lash lines.
- Avoid getting the oil inside your eyes.
- Keep the oil on overnight and wash it off the next morning.
2. Eyelid Massage
Massaging your eyelids promotes the growth of your eyelashes. It improves blood flow to the hair follicles, which means more nutrients reach the follicles. This stimulates hair growth and prevents thinning and breakage of your lashes.
It has been found that massage plays an important role in maintaining lid hygiene, as it helps to clear meibomian gland blockage.
- Put a few drops of olive or coconut oil or shea butter on your eyelids.
- Using your fingertips, massage your lids and lash line in small, light, circular motions.
- Massage for 5 to 7 minutes twice daily for a few months.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a wonderful home remedy that can help your eyelashes to grow long, strong, and thick. It contains several vitamins and nutrients that promote the growth of your lashes. Moreover, it helps keep your lashes moisturized.
- Using a clean old mascara wand, apply some fresh aloe vera gel on your lashes before going to bed.
- Leave it on overnight, and then rinse it off with warm water the next morning.
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of aloe vera gel and jojoba oil along with 1 teaspoon of chamomile infusion.
- Apply this mixture on your lashes twice a day using a clean old mascara wand.
- Wait for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Follow either of these remedies for several months for best results.
4. Shea Butter
- Apply shea butter on your fingertips, and then massage it gently on to the eyelashes.
- Do this procedure daily before going to bed, and rinse off your eyes in the morning.
- Your lashes will grow stronger and thicker.
5. Green Tea
Green tea is laden with antioxidants and restores eyelash hair growth, making them long, dense and strong.
- Brew up a cup of green tea using tea leaves or tea bag and a cup of warm water.
- Once the tea cools, apply it to the lashes and leave it on overnight.
- Refrigerate the rest and use the concoction for the next 3 days, but not beyond that.