1. Lemon Juice
The citric acid in lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent and exfoliates the skin, reducing the appearance of age spots.
- Simply dab fresh lemon juice directly onto the spots twice daily and you should begin to notice improvements in about two months.
- Leave the juice on the skin for at least 30 minutes, or as long as you are comfortable with it.
- You can also leave the juice on the skin overnight.
- If you plan to go outdoors, wait for the juice to dry as it increases the skin’s sensitivity to sunlight.
- Do not use bottled lemon juice because it may contain other chemicals that may damage the skin.
- In addition, the amount of citric acid present may have weakened during the time it remained in the bottle.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar contains natural alpha hydroxy acids, which are known to help lighten sun and age spots.
- To combat the acidic nature of vinegar, mix it with olive oil which will protect the skin from dryness.
- Apply every day on the skin and remove it after 20 minutes.
- Your skin will be left soft and smooth.
- It is normal to experience a little redness or stinging at first (just like you would with a toner).
- If you have sensitive skin, or if it feels too strong, dilute with water.
Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants and can prevent the formation of free radicals that are one of the primary causes of early aging. It’s a natural skin-softening moisturizer and contains emollient, which helps reduce wrinkles that have already developed.
- Massage into your skin each night before bed to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while you sleep.
Olive oil was first used over 5,000 years ago when it was extracted from the olive tree, which Egyptians quickly adapted as a cosmetic product. It’s used more often as a moisturizer because it’s rich in antioxidants, vitamins A and E, which also help to fight the skin-damaging free radicals.
- Take a tablespoon of olive oil and massage it gently into the skin twice a day. It also works to protect against sun damage and after exposure.
4. Super foods
Your skin is a combination of proteins, water, and fats, and it needs a healthy food supply for replenishment.
Almonds pack skin-plumping and hydrating fats along with vitamin E, while a powerful antioxidant helps deter UV damage.
Blueberries have a very concentrated combination of antioxidants and collagen-protecting vitamin C.
Tomatoes are also packed with vitamin C, but they have the important component lycopene, which protects skin from sun damage and improves the vascular system, which will give you a natural glow thanks to the extra blood circulation.
5. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is rich in malic acid which improves skin elasticity.
- All you need to do is take some gel from the leave and apply it on your skin as it is.
- Wait for 15 minutes or till it dries and then wash it off.
- You could also mix the gel with some vitamin E oil and apply it on your face for the same effect.
Carrots are rich in vitamin A which promotes collagen production, thereby keeping the skin smooth and wrinkle-free.
- Apply a carrot paste on your face every day.
- Just boil some carrots and blend it into a paste with some honey.
- Apply it on your face, rest for half an hour and then wash it off.
- You could also eat them raw.
Pineapple has enzymes which offer multiple benefits for your skin. These enzymes improve skin elasticity, moisture and it eliminates dead skin as well. It is rich in fibers, antioxidants and it boosts skin health as well.
- Rub some pineapple flesh on your skin directly and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Once it dries out, wash it with cold water.
Using your favorite gentle lotion,
- Take a few minutes to give your face a massage with a firm but gentle touch.
- Focus on problem areas like your neck, under your eyes, and your forehead.
- For a treat, visit a reputable spa for a relaxing facial that concentrates on your problem areas.
9. Egg whites
- Whip up several egg whites in a small bowl.
- Massage onto your skin, allowing to sit and dry at least 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and let the natural B vitamins and rich Vitamin E work their rejuvenating magic.