1. Green Tea Bags
Green tea is a boon to skin. It’s packed with antioxidants that combat free radicals (which break down skin cells), plus it has anti-inflammatory properties, making it an optimal treatment for swelling. The tea’s tannins act as a gentle astringent and its caffeine constricts blood flow that causes puffiness.
- Soak two teabags in ice water for several minutes.
- Then cover the under-eye area with them.
- Wait for 15 to 20 minutes for best results.
2. Reduce salt
Cut down on salt during the day and before bed.
- Extra salt = water retention.
Drink plenty of water to keep your system flushed as this can also help prevent eye puffiness.
Cucumbers have been used for years and years as a home remedy for puffy eyes. You’ve seen it, but maybe you’ve wondered why it works. Cucumbers contain antioxidants and flavonoids that help with redness, swelling and irritation.
- Use cool cucumber for extra puffy eye relief.
- Place a cool slice on each eye and take a rest for 30 minutes.
- Afterward you’ll feel nice and refreshed.
4. Chilled Milk
Keeping your eyes hydrated can help you get rid of puffy eyes.
- Dip a cotton ball in the chilled milk and place it on your eye lid.
- Leave it for at least 20 minutes and then gently wash.
- Milk can cool your eyes and reduce puffiness.
Potato is the most effective home remedy to get rid of under eye bags.
- Slice a raw potato and keep the slices on your eye lids for 15 minutes.
- Potato not only reduces puffiness, but also helps in getting rid of dark circles.
6. Vinegar and Oil Paste
- Take one teaspoon of fresh apple cider vinegar and mix it with one teaspoon olive oil.
- Apply this mixture around your eyes and gently massage clockwise for five minutes, and then anti-clockwise for 5 more minutes.
- Repeat this regularly in the night to relax your eyes.
7. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile tea doesn’t have caffeine but it does have significant anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. Chamomile is used to treat maladies all over the body so no surprise that it also revives tired, puffy eyes and reduces redness. It can also provide relief for conjunctivitis and pink eye.