1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is very nourishing for weak and brittle nails. Coconut oil is one of the best home remedies for nail strengthening. It contains saturated fat which moisturizes your nails and keeps nail infection.
- Mix one-quarter cup of warm coconut oil a little lemon juice.
- Soak your nails for 10 minutes before going to bed.
- Wear gloves overnight for best results
2. Lemon Juice
A Lemon juice strengthens your nails and brightens them as well.
- Add 3 tablespoon of olive oil to lemon juice.
- Heat this mixture until it is warm to touch .
- Use a cotton ball to apply it to your nails and wear your gloves overnight to cure the brittle nails.
Lemon juice helps for removing ugly yellowish stains from the nail surface and gives a bright sheen.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is loaded with nutrients that are healthy for your nails, such as vitamins, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. Plus, it has malic acid and acetic acid that can help fight nail infections.
- Mix equal amounts of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and water in a small bowl.
- Soak your nails in this solution for a few minutes.
- Immediately after, gently push down the cuticles.
- Do this once daily and within a few days your nails will become much stronger.
4. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree is a powerful antiseptic which helps fight infections and treat discolored nails.
- Mix one-half teaspoon of vitamin E oil and a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Rub this solution on each of your nails and massage gently for a few minutes.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water. Pat dry and apply a moisturizing lotion.
- Do this twice a day for a month.
5. Sea Salt
Sea salt has many healing minerals that can help strengthen brittle nails as well as soften cuticles and add a brilliant shine to your nails.
- Mix two tablespoons of fine grain sea salts in a small bowl of warm water.
- Add two drops each of wheat germ oil and frankincense, myrrh and lemon essential oils.
- Soak your nails in this solution for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water, pat dry and apply a hand cream.
- Do this two or three times a week for good results.