1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a fabulous hair conditioner that can make your hair soft, shiny and moisturized. It also helps remove built-up residue that makes your hair look dull and lifeless. Also, it can help treat dandruff, itchy scalp and frizzy hair.
- Mix together equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water.
- After shampooing, pour the mixture into your hair and massage it into your scalp.
- Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing thoroughly with cold water.
- Mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and the juice of one lemon in one cup of water.
- Use this mixture as a final hair rinse after shampooing.
Use these remedies only once a week.
2. Hot Oil Treatments
Hot oil is one of the best home remedies for dry hair. Natural oils, such as coconut, olive, castor, almond, lanolin, or corn oil are excellent treatments for adding shine and restoring moisture to dry, damaged, and brittle hair. With hot oil treatments, you will nourish your hair, promote healthy hair growth, avoid hair breakage, and prevent any further damage.
You can use the above- mentioned oils alone, or prepare your own mixture of different oils. For better results, add a few drops of lavender, rosemary, lemon, chamomile, geranium, birch, carrot, sage, or yarrow essential oil to the mixture. They will enhance the effects of the oil treatment and add more shine and moisture to your hair.
- Gently heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan over low heat, until it becomes warm, but not too hot.
- Massage the oil into your hair and scalp, making sure to cover every part of your hair.
- Cover with a shower cap, and then wrap with a hot towel.
- The heat will open the pores, and allow the oil to deeply penetrate your hair and scalp.
- Leave the treatment on for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Rinse with lukewarm water using your regular shampoo.
You can adjust the amount according to the length of your hair.
3. Aloe Vera Gel
You would be surprised to know that aloe vera is a powerhouse of 75 known nutrients. It contains enzymes that lead to healthy hair growth and make it smooth and soft. Aloe vera gel has the same chemical composition as that of keratin – the protein that makes up a large majority of our hair’s build-up. Thus, the gel easily penetrates the hair shafts and provides the required moisturization.
You will need Aloe vera stem
- Cut a few pieces of the aloe vera stem to extract fresh gel.
- Dilute it with water and apply it on your hair.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and then wash off with a mild shampoo.
Eggs are exceptionally good for your hair.It’s a good source of vitamin A, D, B-6, B-12, minerals, fat, and protein that promotes healthy, strong and shiny hair.
5. Avocado and Banana
Avocado contains healing nutrients that will deeply moisturize and nourish your hair, leaving it healthy and strong.
Banana prevents split ends and softens and improves the elasticity of your hair.
Avocado and banana mixed together will, therefore, make a perfect home remedy for damaged and dry hair.
- Mash 1 banana and 1 avocado together and add ½ tablespoon of almond oil.
- Massage the puree into your scalp and spread it all over your hair.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave the treatment on for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.