Honey acts as a natural balm for the dark skin of the elbows and knees. It also provides natural antibiotic properties. You can apply plain honey on your elbows and knees to reduce the darkness, but it will take time. You can make it more quick by
- Mix one generous tablespoon of honey with equal parts milk and turmeric.
- Then, apply this paste on the dark areas of the elbows and knees and wait for about half an hour.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Do this once every week for best results.
You can also mix honey with Aloe Vera, the same as told above.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda acts as a gentle cleanser, hence it is effective for treating dark knees and elbows and knees. It can help remove dead skin cells and reduce hyper-pigmentation that forms around the knees and elbows.
- Prepare a paste with 1 tablespoon each of milk and baking soda.
- Apply it on the affected areas and rub it around in circular motions for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry the area thoroughly.
- Repeat every other day until you get the desired results.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a very old beauty product that is used for its natural moisturizing and skin whitening properties. It helps to reverse sun damage, treats dryness and removes dead skin cells.
- Take a fresh aloe leaf and cut its edges to expose the flesh.
- Squeeze to extract the gel and apply it to your elbows and knees.
- Leave it on the skin for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Repeat this process several times a week.
4. Lemon juice
Lemon juice contains citric acid which is a natural bleaching agent. Therefore, applying lemon juice to elbows and knees can help to lighten the skin.
- Cut a large lemon in half. Squeeze out some of the juice from both halves so that you have two hollow halves.
- Rub each lemon cup over your elbows and knees.
- You can rub away any excess pulp, but don’t wash your elbows for about 3 hours. This gives the lemon juice time to act more deeply.
- Wash off the lemon juice with some warm water.
- As lemon juice can be drying, you should moisturize the area with your favorite body moisturizer.
- Repeat this every day until the dark skin begins to fade.
Using milk will not give you quick results but in the long run, it will give you the desired result.
- With a swab of cotton, apply full-fat milk on the darkened elbows and knees.
- You can do it every day and make it a part of your daily routine.
- Do not wash it off.
- Not only will this moisturize the skin, it will also alleviate the tanned and unnaturally dark areas of the elbows and knees.