1. Avocado Hair Mask
Avocado is one of the best natural remedies for dry and dull hair. It’s rich in compounds that will moisturize you hair, giving it a smooth feel and a shiny look.
- Mash a ripe avocado and mix it thoroughly with two tablespoons of high quality olive oil.
- Apply the mask on your damp hair.
- Start with the roots and move towards the ends.
- Do it really thoroughly by massaging your scalp with circular moves so that your hair can absorb all the wonderful nutrients from the mixture.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and stay like that for around thirty minutes.
- Then wash it off and use your regular shampoo as always.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar Wash
Apple cider vinegar can wonderfully moisturize your hair, which will become soft and shiny. What’s more, it can also help you if you suffer from dandruff or when your hair is frizzy. Apple cider vinegar is also a good option if your hair looks lifeless because of the built-up residue.
- Mix one part of apple cider vinegar with one part of water.
- Wash your hair with a regular shampoo and then apply the solution on your scalp.
- Leave it for a few minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
- Another option is to combine apple cider vinegar with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Mix equal parts of both ingredients and use it as a hair wash after you shampoo your hair.
Eggs are perhaps one of the best ingredients to provide nourishment and shine to your hair in minutes. Being a good source of protein, fatty acids and lecithin, eggs help repair damaged and dull hair by adding moisture and shine. Eggs also help make your hair strands strong and thick.
- Mix one egg white and one tablespoon each of olive oil and honey until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on damp hair and scalp.
- Cover your head with a shower cap for about 30 minutes.
- Then wash your hair with a mild shampoo and cool water.
- Beat two eggs until you get a foamy texture. Mix in two tablespoons of almond oil and one-half cup of yogurt.
- Apply this mixture on your hair and scalp.
- Cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes and then shampoo your hair with cool water.
- Follow either of these egg treatments once a week to get soft and shiny hair.
If you follow the procedure once a week, your hair will be beautiful and shiny.
- Mayonnaise has amino acids, protein and antioxidants that will make your hair strong, soft, healthy and shiny.
- Use one-half to one cup of full-fat mayonnaise, as needed for your hair length.
- Apply it on freshly washed, damp hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap for at least 30 minutes.
- Thoroughly wash your hair using cold water and a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy on a weekly basis to enjoy hydrated and shiny hair.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera gel is good for your hair due to its moisturizing property. It also has antioxidants, vitamins and other compounds that support healthy hair. Plus, aloe vera gel can reduce dandruff and combat frizz.
- Prepare a paste with four tablespoons of aloe vera gel, two tablespoons of coconut oil and three tablespoons of yogurt.
- Apply this paste on damp hair and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse it out with lukewarm water.
- Grind a few hibiscus flowers to make a thick paste.
- Mix in one-half cup of aloe vera gel and one teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply the mixture on your hair and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair as usual.
Use either of these remedies once or twice a week.