1. Banana Peel
- Rub the inside of the peel (the white side) on the affected skin for a minute or two.
- Leave the peel contents that have transferred onto your skin on for a few minutes before rinsing your face.
- Repeat this once daily.
A useful compound for skin lightening and anti-aging known as gluconolactone is found in the banana peel. You can rub the peel on the entire face for amazing skin firming and tightening effects
2. Dairy Mask
Another natural method for lightening freckles is to apply a milk-based mask to your face and let it soak into your skin. The lactic acid in milk peels away the top layer of skin, making freckles lighter in appearance. This method is better for natural freckles than sun-induced freckles.
- Spread 1/4 cup of sour cream over the areas most affected by freckles.
- Let the sour cream soak into your skin for 10 minutes, then rinse it away with cool water and pat dry.
Use a whole milk wash
- Simply pour some whole milk into a bowl and rub it over your face.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes, then rinse your face with cool water and pat dry.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a highly effective ingredient for treating freckles as well as brown spots. Lemon juice has skin lightening properties that will nicely bleach the dark spots on your skin.
- Apply fresh lemon juice on the affected skin and gently massage the area.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this twice a day.
Lemon scrub Method
- Cut a lemon in half and sprinkle one-half teaspoon of sugar on it.
- Gently scrub your skin with it for a few minutes and then wash your skin with water.
- Do this once or twice a week on a regular basis.
Buttermilk, similar like sour cream and milk, can bleach your freckles in a very gentle way. Besides, it will make your skin look smooth and fresh. It is easy to use buttermilk on your freckles. All you need to do is
- Apply it directly on a freckles area and leave for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then wash you face carefully with warm water.
- Such simply buttermilk treatment can be repeated two times per day.
Other method is to prepare a thick paste.
- Add powdered oatmeal to the buttermilk.
- Simply apply such paste on the freckles area,
- Let it stay on your skin for more less 30 minutes and at the end wash it off precisely.
- One a day is enough for such buttermilk treatment.
Another Method to reduce freckles using buttermilk
- Take extra one teaspoon of lemon juice into the buttermilk solution.
- It can be applied directly on the freckles, leave for 10 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
5. Almond Oil
Almond oil is rich in vitamin A and vitamin E which aids in nourishing the skin and reducing the pigmentations.
- Take 2-3 drops of almond oil and heat it.
- With the help of your fingers massage the oil on your face and leave for about 1 hour or until the skin fully absorbs the oil and rinse it with lukewarm water.
- You can even apply this oil overnight.
6. Avocado Pulp
Rich, creamy avocados may be just the thing to tackle those annoying freckles. An antioxidant known as glutathione which is present in avocados can inhibit tyrosinase and thereby reduce melanin levels. Give this remedy a go by scooping out the pulp of an avocado and applying it to freckles to lighten them.
7. Sour Cream
Sour cream contain lactic acid that helps in getting rid of freckles.
- Apply some sour cream directly over the affected skin areas and let it soak into your skin till it dries up.
- Instead of washing it off your face with water, wipe it off gently with a soft tissue or a towel.
- The lactic acid in sour cream or milk will peel away the upper layer of your skin.
- Use this remedy at least once daily until you get rid of freckles.
- Wash the affected skin areas with sour milk daily.
- If you do not have access to sour milk, you can use yogurt which is equally good.
Papaya juice is another effective remedy to get rid of freckles. Papaya contain papain, a kind of enzyme that can help lighten freckles.
- Apply fresh papaya juice directly on the freckles using a cotton ball and gently massage the area.
- After 10 minutes, rinse the skin with cold water.
- Do this once daily for at least for a few weeks or until you are satisfied with the results.
9. Raw Radish Juice
Raw radish has traditionally been used to tackle freckles. Turns out radish may be able to inhibit tyrosinase, which is an enzyme involved in producing melanin. It is believed that radish owes this ability to its vitamin C and phenolic compounds, which are known to inhibit tyrosinase.
- Applying a touch of radish juice on your freckles every day might help fade them gradually.
10. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has a component known as Aloesin in it which works effectively to reduce skin pigmentation. It is trusted and effective treatment for freckles. Try and use fresh Aloe Vera gel. You can either pluck it from an aloe vera plant or you can get an organic aloe vera gel from the market.
- Apply it all over your face and leave for 15 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
- Repeat this remedy daily for better results.