Lemon works as a natural bleach and helps lighten any kind of scars on your skin. It also removes dead skin cells, promotes the growth of new skin cells and improves skin elasticity.Also, the vitamin C in lemon helps in rebuilding collagen.
- Apply a little fresh lemon juice directly on your scars using your fingertips or a cotton ball.
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, then wash it off with water.
- Do this 1 or 2 times a day.
- Mix equal amounts of lemon juice and honey.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the affected area.
- Allow it to sit for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with water and pat dry.
- Do this once every day.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil.
- Apply it to your acne scars before going to bed and wash it off the next morning.
- Do this once daily.
- Do not go out in the sun after applying lemon juice on your skin.
Another natural moisturizer which can help heal scars is honey. It is best to use raw honey, not the processed kind found on the shelves of most chain grocery stores. To obtain the best quality, try your local farmer’s market. Once you’ve gotten the good stuff
- Simply massage a small amount of honey over your scars and let this wonder of nature work its magic.
- You can also mix about a teaspoon of ground cinnamon per two tablespoons of honey for added pore-cleansing power.
- Use this treatment as often and for as long as you like.
3. Orange Peel Powder
- Mix a teaspoon each of orange peel powder and honey.
- Apply this paste to the affected areas on your face.
- Allow it to dry and then wash it off.
- Do this once every alternate day.
4. Tomato Slices
- Rubbing tomato slices on scars is found to be effective in reducing the appearance of the marks or scars.
This is partially due to the vitamin A and carotene in tomatoes, which not only provide the red color but are also antioxidant compounds that can heal damaged tissues and promote the healthy re-growth of cells.
5. Cucumber Juice
Cucumber juice is an ideal skin toner, which improves the texture of the skin. Cucumbers reduce inflammation, soothe the skin and heal the scars caused by acne.
6. Baking Soda
You can use also use baking soda to remove acne scars. It works as a mild exfoliate to help fade the scar tissue layer by layer.
- Put 2 teaspoons of baking soda into a bowl.
- Add a little water, just enough to make a thin paste.
- Apply the mixture on your acne scars.
- Leave it on for a couple of minutes, then rinse it off.
- Repeat once daily for several weeks to help fade your acne scars.
- Do not keep baking soda on your skin for more than 2 minutes as it can be harsh on your skin.
- If it dries out your skin, you can follow up with a light moisturizer.
- Do not use this remedy if you have a sensitive skin.