1. Petroleum Jelly
Get rid of cracked feet is with petroleum jelly which many people will already have in the home.
- After soaking your feet and scrubbing the dead skin, apply a thick layer of petroleum jelly to the cracks on your feet.
- Put a pair of clean cotton socks on and sleep overnight.
- Clean your feet in the morning after waking and removing your socks.
2. Coconut Oil
It helps moisturize your feet and also fights fungal and bacterial infections, thanks to its antimicrobial and antifungal properties.
- Before going to sleep, soak your feet in warm water and scrub with a loofah.
- Dry your feet thoroughly and then apply coconut oil generously on your feet.
- Put on a pair of clean, cotton socks for the night.
- The next morning, remove the socks and wash your feet.
- Do this daily for several days until you are satisfied with the results.
3. Exfoliating Scrub
To reduce the severity and pain of cracked heels, try removing the surrounding calluses with an exfoliating foot scrub made by
- Mix five parts ground rice or coarse rice flour with one part honey and one/two parts apple cider vinegar.
- Add almond or olive oil until the consistency of your scrub is that of a thick paste.
- Apply to calluses after a bath or shower.
- Alternately, you can soak feet in warm water fortified with a half cup of apple cider vinegar for ten minutes, then use a foot scrub or pumice stone for a similar effect.
4. Brown Sugar Scrub for Cracked Feet
The smaller and gentler granules of brown sugar can do wonders as a scrub for your dry cracked feet. It can gently scrub away the dead skin cells so that your feet get all new and healthier skin that is soft and crack-free. Brown sugar also contains glycolic acid that can fight off bacterial infection. The most important factor is that brown sugar is a natural humectant and thus attracts moisture from surrounding environment and locks it in your skin. This helps keeping your heels soft and smooth and gets you rid of cracked feet.
- Brown sugar- 2tbsp
- Lemon juice- 1tsp
- Honey- 1tbsp
- Olive oil- 1tbsp
- Warm water- ½ bucket
- Combine brown sugar, honey, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Mix them well to get a thick sticky paste like consistency.
- Take the warm water in a basin.
- Soak your feet in this warm water for 10 minutes.
- Now apply some of the brown sugar scrub on one of your feet and rub in circular motion.
- Do this for sometime till the sugar granules melt away.
- Repeat the procedure with the other foot.
- Wash the feet with warm water.
- Repeat 2-3 times a week and then once a week.
Thе асіdіс nаturе оf lemons wіll сlеаr thе rоugh аnd drу ѕkіn аnd thеrеbу рrеvеntѕ сrасkѕ оn thе ѕоlеѕ оf your fееt. We hаvе tо rеduсе thе іntеnѕіtу оf thіѕ lеmоn bу dіlutіng іt in еіthеr rоѕе wаtеr (оr wаtеr), hоnеу, аlое vеrа juісе оr rоѕе wаtеr tо ѕооthе thе irritated ѕkіn аrеаѕ. Othеrwіѕе, іt results іn іrrіtаtіоn аnd drуnеѕѕ оn the ѕkin.
- Pour juісе оf 1 lеmоn іn fооt basin fіllеd wіth wаrm wаtеr аnd ѕоаk уоur feet іn thіѕ wаtеr fоr аbоut 10 – 15 mіnutеѕ.
- Thеn ѕсrub уоur heels wіth a рumісе ѕtоnе аnd wаѕh thе fееt.
- Dry іt wіth a towel аnd repeat іt rеgulаrlу.