1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a good remedy for treating vaginal itching due to its antibacterial and anti fungal properties. It also helps restore the natural pH balance of your vagina.
- Add 2 tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water. Use this solution to wash your vagina twice daily for a few days.
- Also, add 1 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of raw honey to a glass of warm water and drink it twice daily.
2. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is an essential oil that’s used to kill fungi, bacteria, and viruses. Research shows that a vaginal suppository containing tea tree oil may help treat vaginal infections. Tea tree oil is also believed to help maintain a healthy balance of flora in the vagina.
Tea tree oil is incredibly powerful. Make sure to dilute it with a carrier oil such as jojoba or coconut oil if you’re going to use it as a vaginal suppository. Only use tea tree oil occasionally, and never swallow it.
Garlic can be effective against both yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis. A sulfur-containing compound called allicin present in garlic inhibits the growth of candida while another sulfuric compound called allein accounts for its antibacterial properties. One study even found that garlic tablets were comparable in efficacy to the medicine metronidazole which is conventionally used to treat bacterial vaginosis.
4. Easy Herbal Remedies
Herbs have been successfully used for centuries to treat all kinds of conditions. Once again, their effectiveness is all down to their anti-microbial, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties.
- Basil leaves can be used to make a basil tea.
- While sprigs of rosemary can be infused in hot water and, once it’s cooled down, can be used to wash the vaginal area.
Plain, unsweetened yogurt with active cultures is another good remedy to stop itching and burning in and around your vagina. The active cultures can control the spread of infection in the body. It also helps kill yeast and bad bacteria in the vagina and promote the growth of good bacteria.
- Dip a tampon in yogurt and insert it in the vagina for two hours. Do this twice daily until you get relief.
- Also, eat a few cups of plain, unsweetened yogurt every day.